View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Found it in about five minutes. I love puzzles!!

In 1961, Dr. [name] established the Division of Research (originally called the Department of Medical Records Research) and in 1962, DOR received its first grant from the US Public Health Service to automate the multiphasic exam. Three years later, the Health Plan’s Oakland and San Francisco clinics began offering Automated Multiphasic Health Testing (AMHT) to all members.

As part of the AMHT, Dr. [name] devised a simple process for obtaining each member’s medical history, using a self-administered questionnaire that protected patient privacy and a computer to tabulate responses. Each member was given a stack of punch cards, and on each card there was one question. If the member’s answer was “yes,” it would be placed into one box; if it was “no” it was placed in another. The cards were then fed into a reader. For the first time, doctors could receive a printout with a patient’s full medical history, as well as printouts with the results from other AMHT testing.

- Furthermore, why aren't PWP represented by only one non-profit group?
PDF does promote clinical trials by way of www.pdtrials.org , and ther is one link regarding "Learn if clinical trial involvement is right for you" on the regular www.pdf.org website.
-Why aren't patients encouraged by their neuros to participate in research; especially the highly desirable dopa naive patients?
A good question. Only those neuros were are trial sites usualy recomment/request patients become involved.
-Why don't the major PD organizations publish and promote patient participation in research on their web sites, through brochures in doctor's offices, etc.
Another good question. The only publications I am aware of are those support and promoted by PDF.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (08-04-2009)