View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 01:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default me too!

WOW! I have had a vpshunt for exactly 1 year ago today...EVERYTIME the weather changed esp. storms I get REALLY bad Headaches as well! When the weather is beautiful out & sunny I feel great! I have mentioned this to my NS but nothing was said? I actually was looked at like I was crazy I believe that weather DOES have something to do with it-Almost like a arthritis thing?But honestly, as I said it has been a year ago 2day & i have had soooooo many headaches since this shunt was put in???? I am currently thinking of undergoing another surgery to just take out the cyst I have-So i would hopefully have NO shunt again ! For its a REAL Pain in the butt having a shunt inside you for the rest of your life goodluck with your son-i hope you find answers 7 if you do on this PLEASE let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
Hi!
My son is Gavin, shunted for hydrocephalus at 1 week old due to IVHs, has been getting occasional headaches (maybe 5 or 6 since he turned three), I think I am noticing they happen when we have storms passing through. Sometimes he vomits. I don't 'feel' like there's any valve or clog problem, because he's unhappy for a few hours then just fine again. Is this normal? Could he have a migraine? Is it caused by the storm's low pressure? Should I call the NS? Does tylenol help? Any other med help?

Gavin's mom (Jen)
glittergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote