Thread: Seizures
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 04:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Coley,
I'm so sorry to hear that your boyfriend is having seizures. I've had epilepsy for 37 yrs. and my Epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) has told me that sometimes when a person has heart problems it can trigger seizures it all depends on what the heart problem is. If your boyfriend is having these seizures in the morning and the first signs is he's sweating my advice to you is to put a cool washcloth on his face and the back of his neck. I just finished a medicial test and they have proven the warmer a persons body is it will fire up the neurons in the brain and trigger seizures for some people. Often when I start to feel hot I will put a cool washcloth on my face and it will stop the seizure. My best advice to you is to have your boyfriend see and Epileptologist at an Epilepsy center they are often found at university hospitals. The Epileptologist can do tests to see what's causing the seizures and if it's related to the heart. Have your boyfriend stay away from anything with nutra sweet in it because nutra sweet can cause more electrical activity in the brain and trigger seizures I found that out by drinking diet soda. You boyfriend might want to start taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. a day this has helped reduce my seizures a lot. There is a possibility that your boyfriend might have been having a complex partial seizure when he was walking around this happens with me and I will wander around the house and when the seizure is over I'm very confused and tired often I would have a bad headache. Take note of the weather if there's a low pressure sometimes that will cause some people to have seizures. Here's wishing you and your boyfriend only the best and May God Bless You Both!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote