Thread: Southern-isms:
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Yep..that bout sums it up, sho as month of Sundays. I believe I have heard just about all the sayings that have ever been uttered by southerners...I grew up with great aunts and uncles, people don't say things like they did back when...
Slower than molasses, sight em by tree to see if they movin, that boy forgot to bake his cake afore he cut it. lol

I've been southern for over fifty years and if all yall have read any of my posts then ya sho nuff know I'm from the most southen pahts of Gahja. If ya have spoken with me you danged sho nuff well know I'm southen...

I don't gossip bout my neighbors, I tell the truth. If I say do say a bad thang bout one ufem I say God, luvem...ain't they precious? Ifn I take a liken I eat grits, eggs eyes shinin, bacon and ho cake for supper, sometimes with pancakes and surrip. If someone says they gonna have soft shell soup, they ain't talking crap...they talking turtle...and if they say going coon hunting then you better have that fryin pan hot, cause they gonna come back with a coon, rabbit or something to fry in lard or bacon fat.

If you're wondering how to mearsure a mess of greens it is the amount you can hold between your hands without dropping any...like holding a basketball, even if you only have two people eating...a mess is a mess. Family determines how big a mess you need...four people two messes...
I knew those farmin days would pay off one day...I hated working in those green fields...pulling...cleaning, wet, cold...cold, wet...

I call a person of ill repute a scallawag, rapscallion, filcher and tipstiller. I call a person that will wear his Sunday go to meeting suit on pull you out a ditch a good ole boy, and boy in his overalls having a good time a redneck...

I call anyone that can take a fishin pole or gun, kill and cook their food a person that will never go hungry...and I call people from the North...

Well, they just don't know no better, cause they ain't been taught... I love each and every one of them I know!
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (08-05-2009)