View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

When you said the thing about not feeling the right temp, that struck a note with me.

In Nov '03, I could not feel how cold a drink was in my hands. I had been having a pain in my left hip, shock down that leg. I had a T spine MRI w/comtrast in December, and in Jan the results came back.

Everything normal except I had a syrinx from T 5 to T 8 - syringomyelia. I had never heard of it till I was dx'd. Some sx are really similar - the hug, the shocks, the temp. spasms, pain. similar but a little different.

It's far less common than ms, but I would still keep pushing your doc for more tests. I would not go in to him and say "Gee I think I may have SM." He'll look at ya like you're nuts. They look at me like I'm nuts whe I tell them I have it, lol, cuz a lot of them have never seen a person with it. Just so you know.

But do keep looking for answers, tell your doc, something isn't right, let's keep testing till we find it.

I burned myself a lot at first till I got used to not sensing heat, and until some of that sense was more normal. But I still have to use my elbows and knees to test the shower, and all my parts feel that water as different.

I still should not lift a lot. My hands get seriously tingly if I move more than 20 lbs. Do too much and my feet go tingly too.

Not that I think you have this... just saying, there are lots of things it could be. So many things so alike. don't just figure it's ms and not look for other things as well, okay? Good luck.
dmplaura (08-05-2009), SallyC (08-05-2009)