View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 10:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

tom mine went undiagnosed/misdignosed for over 2 years. the swollen appearance of my eyelids led to dx's of allergies and blepharitis. do you have problems with glare? almost a white out when looking toward the sun or a bright light source? you can have the antibody blood tests. they're expensive, 3X$200 ea.. you can do them one at a time in order of priority if you can't afford all at once. for ins. purposes, the suspicion of mg should be enough to justify at least an exam by a neurologist.
BTW, mine was finally recognized when additional symptoms presented during an especially bad bout of the flu. the flu symptoms went away but the mg symptoms did not. i understand this is common. the rarity of the disease coupled with remissions (i had many over 2 years) makes dx problematic.
the sensitivity to fluorescent light is very suspicious. i noticedthis early on, i'm a sign and lighting contractor. i spend a large part of my waking hours looking at very bright h.o. fluorescents. it was maddening. the white out thing too, driving at sunset was an adventure.
motorhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote