Thread: Need to Vent~~
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:39 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

[QUOTE="Youre just out of shape"! idiot
My mother: "Youre just not used to hard work"!

..[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="4"]WE've all heard, "you just don't try to exercise / work." "you're conditioned." So baloney - with as much bedrest as we require, and my about 80 % now -I am doing a little better...

I did do something rather courageous. I have cut my mom off from me, except for birthday cards. I'm 50, and I can't take the criticism anymore.

She actually called to tell me "I prayed to God to take your pain and give it to me, so now I'm in pain - I have an immunological problem they diagnosed - but I guess I got it from you." That was my final call.

So for those of you with Toxic people around, cut them out. It's not good for our disease(s) to have someone like that saying things like that. If it means we're alone and have to rent a room, then so be it.

BF has been sober almost a year now. IF anyone has anyone with a substance ABUSE problem, please PM me, as I can help you negotiate a cheaper price, where to go, etc. [/SIZE] My daughter had about 80 days (if you get what I'm saying) and she quit the facility, we found another one even better for females only, and in the AM she packed up and left. Everyone keeps saying it will be ok, she'll hit bottom, but I still cry non-stop every day.

So back to venting, - YES - it's ok with me to VENT here. You've got to get the toxic thoughts out. And if you ever want to PM with your number, I'll call and talk to you - none of us are alone.

hUrting terribly, gotta go, LOVE! Tam
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (08-05-2009), astern (08-05-2009), billy027 (08-05-2009), fern (08-19-2009)