Thread: hearing
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 03:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Howdy bro,

I have some serious hearing problems too, and it feels like my ears are stuffed up. At first I would always be messing with my ears as if there was wax build up. Also there is the annoying constant tinnitus, and I would also get a roaring sound every so often that would lead to a round of vertigo.....that was always fun.

I used to love to listen to music too, and now that joy is pretty much gone because it just doesnt sound right, the bass sounds like it is distorted. I have the same problem hearing people as you do. If we are in a busy place I can almost forget it (I just sit there with this cheesy grin ), or if a TV is playing in the background, this too will make it nearly impossible to understand what people are saying.

I do believe the RSD has added to the effects of the troubles by somehow affecting the nerves in the ears. My ear nose and throat doc says it is highly possible as my hearing drastically got worse since getting the RSD. I have had the meniere's for about 30 years, and since RSD have had the most trouble with it.

I guess there really isnt much they can do to help it, and the darn hearing aids dont really help either because we hear the sounds coming in all fuzzled up, and it hurts LOL.

I wish I had some ideas on how to help, or what you might try, but im kinda in the same boat. Have tried all the little gadgets from TV, and trun the TV up with little luck. Got tired of saying "huh", or "what was that again", or my favorite...."SPEAK UP!".

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (08-06-2009)