View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 02:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What about charitable foundations?

Almost every millionaire has their own charitable foundation so that they can give away money to worthy causes and get tax breaks. I'm not just talking about the mega-millionaires or the famous millionaires (like Oprah and Bill gates and Ted Turner) I'm talking about the run of the mill average millionaires who no one hears much about because they aren't famous.... but they have money and they run charitable foundations to give money to non-profit orginizations for the tax break.

So what about finding a list of the millionaire-run foundations who give money away and asking any/all of them if they would be interested in supporting braintalk?

And let's not forget all the government grants that are available to non-profit orginizations.

BrainTalk could have gotten $$ and funding a long time ago -- but as someone else pointed out, there was no one looking for the funds, applying for funds, or doing anything about it.... now maybe that is because of time constraints, or maybe because there is no one in official capacity who knows how to do these things. If that's the case, then we need to find someone who knows how to do it and has the time to do it -- several BT members have expressed that they have time and ability, but to my knowledge no one in official capacity ever took any of these members up on their offers to help.

All I know for sure is that an orginization as large as BT with so many people who rely on BT should not be offline for so long. Whether BT needs funds to keep the software/hardware working properly, or BT needs funds to pay a staff, or both -- Braintalk needs to do whatever is necessary to ensure that a crash like this never happens again.
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote