View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Alan's ankle is swollen!!!

Now I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this but last thursday, during his appointment with Dr. Baird his podiatrist, Alan came home saying he had two infections and he was put on antibiotics and then said to me "i need an operation". (Nothing to do with the infection by the way).

I immediately put a call into Dr. Baird and said "you think it's cellulitis, right? and he said "you are good!!!, but I'm just being careful. I'm not sure if Alan has an infection or not!. So I have him on the antibiotics. He was put on CEFADROXIL 500 mgs capsule 2 x a day.

I looked at the tops of his feet at this time and I noticed they were a little swollen and rough patchy. (whatever this means).

Well, I then noticed his ankles were swollen (or one of them was). I said as much to Dr. Baird and he said "melody, his ankles are always swollen. I never noticed this before. They never looked swollen to me. And don't forget he just was examined by the PN Department at Methodist last month and we go again on the 22nd of January. Alan also has an appointment with Dr. Baird this thursday.

Well, I just measured his ankles. I'm trying to be thorough. His right ankle measures 10 and his left ankle measures 11 and a half. So his left ankle is a whole inch and a half bigger than his other ankle.

Does this mean that if he does have cellulitis it makes your ankles swell?

The top of the feet look much better since he is on the antibiotics. He's only been on them since last thursday, Since two of my friends have had cellulitis, they told me "it gets really red, and really hot. and swollen.,
Well, last thursday, it was really red, (don't remember if it was really hot), but now it's just swollen.

We'll find out more on thursday,

Jeez, I hope he's not developing a blood clot in his ankle or something. He has absolutely no pain, no fever, no tenderness, nothing in this area. Just the swollen ankle. He's got it up on the recliner and he's not going to the gym. He went the other day and I could have killed him. He waited a whole 3 days until he went back to the gym. Now I told him "No more gym until you go back to Dr. BAird. Anything else he can do?

thanks,
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote