View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 12:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink B12 levels went up almost immediately

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane30 View Post
hi pearl girl,
wow sounds like you have gone through many many symptoms. i hope you are now finding relief. my level is at 296 but from what i read here and elsewhere it's too low.
how long did you have symptoms before being diagnosed? my numbness comes and goes as do the electric shocks, so this is why i wasn't sure if it was connected to vitamin b12 or something like MS.
your level was very low!!, wow i hope you are starting to see improvements! what is your level at now?

jane
Hello Jane,

Yes, I have had dozens and dozens of symptoms for many years but never put the dots together: on the other hand, neither did several MD's and two neurologists. "Oh, she had serious cervical spine issues. Schedule her for surgery in three days!" ... or ... "She has brain lesions and brain atrophy; send her immediately to the multiple sclerosis neurologist!" ... Yes, both those statements were said by doctors. What literally saved me was the last neurologist who after ruling out MS because of the types of lesions on my brain said, kind of as an afterthought, "Nancy, have you had your B12 checked?" That was in February. I was called by the neurologist's office and told to RUN to a hospital or lab and get a B12 shot because my level was 68. I began reading reading reading. If you can believe this, a fifth doctor had told me the WRONG kind of B12 to take so it was a little while before I started the methyl version and dibencozide. My tests, about 8 weeks apart went like this: 68; 820; 1750 and counting. I'm due for another test later this month. Obviously with such a low level, there was considerable damage done. I'm getting better but it is two steps forward; one step back; over and over. Keep reading and investigating and don't give up until you have the answers you need. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm standing in it right now!
pearl girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote