View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 04:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, I had a very quiet night! We live way out in the country, and I was in bed and sound asleep by 10:00. Man, do I love country living!
Since I'm just starting my GF journey, I'm still learning the tricks of the trade. Tried making some buns yesterday. Dismal failure. I used a recipe off the forum, but had to make too many substitutions because of things I didn't have. I don't think it would have been so bad, but one of the things I subbed in was soy flour. I should have remembered back when we used to occasionally get hamburger that had soymeal in it as a filler. YUCK!!! I'm not going to put soy flour in anything else. And the weird thing is I LOVE soymilk.
Good thing, too, since I discovered I'm lactose intolerant way before the gluten thing came up and beat me over the head with its symptoms. When I think of all of the years I've suffered, getting a little bit worse each month, I could just cry for not having spotted it sooner. Well, live and learn, and boy am I learning: Learning to read lables, learning to ask questions, learning to cook GF. Now, if I could JUST master learning to bake GF! So I guess if I have any GF goals, that would have to be it.
Hugs,