View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 01:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default disappointed but not stopped

Took my mum to my GP yesterday who said that she didn't feel comfortable prescribing a drug (LDN) that my mum's own neurologist wouldn't prescribe. This makes sense, and maybe I shouldn't have told my GP that Dr. T wouldn't prescribe it, but I gotta be above board on all of this stuff. Then I asked my GP if my mum could get a referral to a neurologist that I understand prescribes LDN.

After this appointment, I immediately dragged my mum over to see this Dr. D yesterday, as I had an appointment myself, and my mum's referral to Dr. D was faxed-in while we were in the examining room. Good timing.

Dr. D will NOT prescribe LDN for my mum though.... Frustrating, yes, BUT she did say that she'd "advise" the GP on HOW to prescribe LDN. Dr. D also added that of the 50 patients she has put on LDN over the past few years, only ONE person has stayed on the drug. Hmmmm.... Based on what I'm reading here, I find this statistic rather confusing.

So, yeah, this circuitous route might take a bit longer, but we are making some headway. Slow headway, yes, but headway nonetheless.

Will let you know what happens if/when my mum starts the LDN.

One last thing: any advice on liquid LDN vs. pill form?

Thanks -- and take care

TL
tfrederick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (08-11-2009), SallyC (08-06-2009)