View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 04:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ideal,

Sorry to hear you're having this ongoing problem with no answers from the medical community. Been there...done that...ain't no fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist
My condition began with a VERY small irritation in my left side. It felt precisely like a small splinter was wedged inside my abdomen, and when I moved or twisted my torso in certain ways, I could feel a pricking sensation. After about a month a knot of pain formed around the area, and that's when I finally went to the doc. Blood work showed that I had a high WBC, and slightly elevated liver enzymes, so he diagnosed me with DVT and put me on antibiotics. And of course that didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara
Al is still around, and hopefully he will share his experience. I'm pretty sure he has tangoed with diverticulitis. He tried a gluten free diet on a can't loose premise in hope that it might help his neuropathy symptoms. Maybe he will have some thoughts for you.
Yup Cara's right, I did/do tango with diverticulosis/itis. I see that you have had numerous tests to rule that out. I feel the GI doc missed the diverticulae during a colonoscopy BEFORE I had a major attack. It was dx'ed by a flexsig procedure done by a primary care doc. Grrrrrrr

Do you have lower back issues? If you stated that previously - sorry I missed it. I have that same feeling at times. I think always baffled the docs with my back pain. It's very specific, I move just in the right manor and will feel pain. I often have a hard time trying to figure out if my left side pain is truly coming from the front [diverticulitis]- or if it just "feels like" it's coming from front but is originating from the back. I know when I aggravate my back, I feel it on the front left side (around the hipbone bone) too. My left lower back is where my problem lies - I have annular tears in the discs surface. A lower back problem could explain the pain shooting down the legs. Back problems can be hard to dx unless you get someone that is well versed in that.

I have neurological issues too. Many of them cleared up when I went GF, some of them have not. I still have peripheral neuropathy in my hands, feet and legs [plus a few scattered spots]. Disappointingly, my PN has not cleared with being GF. I do notice changes in my PN with dairy.

I wish you well in your Knowledge Quest. Keep searching for answers...

“We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.” ~Mother Teresa

Last edited by aklap; 01-01-2007 at 04:43 PM.
aklap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote