View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 03:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Teeth Hi Disjointed!

Hi Disjointed! Sorry for the belated welcome, but I have been under the weather recently.

I have also had several of those darn crisis situations and they were SCARY! In each of mine, I was unable to breathe and almost blacked out. It was truly terrifying! I was on Mestinon @ the time, but it just didn't cut it, b/c I was too weak @ that point....Fortunately, my neuro made me go to the hospital (ICU) where they started me on Pred, gave me IV IG and lots and lots of fluids. I was too weak to chew/swallow ice @ that point, but shortly after receiving the IV IG and steroids, I was eating everything in sight! LOL!

My crisis was due to the fact that my body was just too weak, too tired to do anything! When I first started on pred, I was sooooo happy, b/c I was able to talk and have people actually understand me - I sounded drunk or stoned b/4 the meds........

Hope this helps!

Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by disjointed View Post
Thanks for the replies.

AnnieB3, what was your crisis like? If you've already posted it on another thread, can you link me to it? And yes, she had many, many gallstones. Thanks for the tips.

Joanmarie, I agree (in retrospect) that she should have had IVIG or plasma prior to the surgery. Not sure if it would've made a difference (because the crisis may have been precipitated by the virus), but it sure couldn't have hurt! And by the way, I've also never heard of a pulmonologist managing MG. My wife's is managed by a very good neuro.

Thanks for the welcome ckitty!

Kevin