View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 03:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Hi Tom!

Hi Tom! How are you doing today? I, too had ocular problems; mainly with TERRIBLE eye pain, as well as problems seeing....it was really scary!

If they DO suspect MG, they will want to do several tests; the tensilon test, the "chicken" test - to test your strength, EMG, etc.......

It does take a while, but hopefully you'll get your dx soon and get on the RIGHT meds to help you feel great again!

I did notice that right after I started on the pred, my eyesight went back to 20/10, but it did take a while for my other symptoms to go away....

Hang in there! It DOES get much better!

You are so young to have to go through this, and I am so sorry, but you HAVE found the right place for people with MG! You are going to LOVE it here!

Take care!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcraque View Post
Greetings to all!

My name is Tom and I'm 24.

I have several ocular difficulties that stay undiagnosed. My doctor suspects MG. I would like to ask those who experience this disorder the following:

1. I have difficulty reading, my eyes get fatigued very quickly; If I persist, the felling of strain and pain becomes evident
2. I'm rather sensitive to light and this sensitivity worsens with nearwork
3. I'm very sensitive to fluorescent lightning; the strain commes within several minutes...

Does anyone have the same or similar problems?

Thank you.

Best regards;