View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Well I gonna chime right in., I just saw this thread. Dejibo, your problem is also my problem , I have no push and I can't tell when I need to go anymore. I usually go everyday (varying amounts and consistancy), but not without manual assist. ( I was a GI nurse, and I can't tell u how many patients I have manually disimpacted--never thought I'd be doing it to myself). Yes the tummy massage works well,good for moving trapped gas too.

I have gotten into the habit for the past few years of pacing for about 1 1/2 hours each morning after my coffee, to see if I feel anything shaking. ( I would die if anyone saw my morning routine). I pace with my cane, and I don't think I could go now without doing that. If I just sit with my coffee (like pre MS day) I feel no urge. I live alone, so no one sees my mad behavior of pacing from room to room.

I lived on Donnagel-PG pre MS for my IBS diarrhea. Never thought I would have to put up with constipation, but then who knew I was gonna get MS. Personally, I would take diarrhea over constipation anyday. I just take stool softeners, and eat very high fiber diet with lots of fruits, and pace. Whatever it takes !! But it might be one of the most frustrating problems of MS, and like the thread says, under reported and undertreated.

Thanks for starting this thread, I don't feel so alone now. Has any one tried plum smart juice? Prune juice works for me , but I can't stand the cramps and gas!! I bought a bottle of plum smart, but haven't had the nerve to try it yet.
bluenurse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-06-2009)