View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I have tried the plum juice, and it did not work for me.

This thread has lifted my shame, and helped me to see I am not alone. I would have never dared tell anyone what happens when I close that door. My husband asked once "why do you buy so much Prep H?" he wanted to know if my hemmorhoids were bad enough that maybe I should ask for help. I explained that "its a lady thing, and trust me, you dont want to know." he blushed and hasnt asked again. I just thought I was weird, and or some sort of rarity that i have to rescue myself from my own poop. I would just die if my friends could see me now. most people are horribly grossed out if a peice of poop touches them, and here I am in search of it. As a nurse/medic I got used to gross things a long time ago.

It truly is a very under reported sx of MS. I was shocked when the study girl pointed out that constipation lasting for more than 24 hours can be considered a relapse sx. I would have never drawn that line.

btw, I rarely if ever allow steroids. I save it for visual stuff or Optic Neuritis. most flares if mild will go away on their own, and I dont see the need to punish my poor body with IV steroids any more frequently than I have to.

I just owe each of you a great big hug. I have gone from being embarrassed and hiding my issue to being able to discuss it, and seeing that I am really not so rare. Thanks!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluenurse (08-12-2009)