View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 05:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Rach!

Hey hon!

Unfortunately, I have the OPPOSITE problem! My hubby is GREAT, but my sis has had a really hard time since my dx and has totally tuned me out.

It has been really hard, b/c we were always so close, but I've learned to deal with it. Sometimes a disease like ours can make people pull away.......My son now suffers from panic attacks, and stays away as much as possible.

This has thrown all of us for a loop.

It will get better, though!

Love,
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach73 View Post
Hi,

I just wanted firstly to say thank you to all those in our lives who have the tough job of looking after us. You know the husbands the wives, the kids, the parents.....anyone who has to spend their day worrying about or caring for a loved one.

However this role is often forgotten by the health care professionals, family and friends. They are very much the unsung heroes. Keeping us well and sane! And it must take its toll.

My husband is an absolute star, sure there are days when I could just throttle him! But most of the time he is wonderful. Just lately though he has been struggling with panic attacks. He has had to take some time off work to get himself well. He got very depressed after I first got diagnosed, but we have got through that together. His work has been very understanding. He has a lot on his plate, looking after me, shaved chimps for Drs and all the responsibility of his job, (which he loves).

I just wondered if anyone else has got experience of how it affects the people who care for you and what sort of thing has helped them?

Love
Rach x
"Thanks for this!" says:
rach73 (08-07-2009)