Thread: What Doctor?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 06:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Jeanpierre

Hi, I think if you deal with the sleeping issues the other problems may sort themselves. I found that my biggest help was my psychiatrist. Initially - well for the first 2 years I didn't trust him, then studied up and found that he was reputed to be the best in the country. Eventually I told him that I "surrendered" and would trust him. I take Nortrypiline at night and 1 zopilclone sleeping pill and have been a lot better since. The fog only comes back when I am overtired or stressed to the maximum.

I have just been send to a neurologist - sent by my insurer who of course are wanting me to go away. Of course didn't want to go, however he straight up said that he did not have any contract etc with the insurer and was totally independent. He is from the US - William E Wallis. Despite my initial thoughts I warmed to him. He explained that he did not believe in a lot of cognitive rehabilition therapy and that in some cases can actually make you worse. I took him my QEEG report and he admitted he knew nothing about nuerofeed back and his opinion was that it was unlikely to have any physical value - or something similar to that in case I have misquoted

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (08-16-2009)