View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi,

There are people in remission that can wear different kinds of shoes and jeans. I consider myself pretty much in remission although today my right arm has been burning due to the weather and doing too much.

I do wear tennis shoes and if I went hiking, I would wear my hiking boots. I've had the same pair for about 15 years and haven't worn them since 98 due to the RSD. My kids just bought a cabin in the mountains so when I go up there I will wear my hiking boots and I will hike with the boys.

I have been diagnosed with internal RSD as well as RSD in my pelvic area and whole upper body and my right foot up to my leg, my back. I have had the same PCP for 18 years and I have all of the Drs. lined up I need for everything else and I have had several diagnose me with the RSD in different areas.

I will say I do have Fibromyalgia and was diagnosed with it about the same time as my RSD. I also have Plantar Fascius in my feet, osteoarthritis, Interstital Cystitis, Pelvic Congestion Syndrome, Costocondritis and too much more to name. I can tell when I am dealing with my RSD, Fibro or whatever else might be acting up at the time.

As far as the bloated stomach and looking 8 months pregnant, I am dealing with that now. I didn't chalk it up to the RSD though. I have been diagnosed with Motility Related Dyspepsia and Metabolic Syndrome and just had blood work done Monday to see if I have Diabetes and check my high cholestral.

I donot chalk all my things up to RSD, I honestly got to thinking that this stomach issues might be because of the RSD last week but then I get myself back on track and say no, it's not that. I am on Mitformin at this time to try and help it but it is now not working so we are back to square one. I went off of the Reglan due to the bad side effects it causes.

I did belong to an RSD group and I have seen some of what you are talking about. I have 3 friends in one family hooked on drugs and using these symptoms to get the meds. One actually listened to what I said about the symptoms and others said and ran to the Dr. with them. She found one that would give her anything she wants. She had an SCS put in and in one month had it turned off so she could get her meds. You are definatly not wrong about some of this but you really have to know people to be able to say this about them.

The ones on this forum are dealing with a lot and such good people and I talk to some on the phone and through PM and emails and what they go through is so bad compared to what I feel like I am going through.

I get out more and I have met many people with RSD. Some are suffering so much.

I'm blessed with good Drs. and I don't think I have ran into any that gave me a hard way to go about my medical problems. I have had some say I have too much wrong with me for them to deal with but no doubts.

They do get mad at me sometimes for expecting to get better or close to being well. They say I need to accept where I am and be ok with it.

There are two sides to every story, that's for sure.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (08-06-2009), Dubious (08-06-2009), nancyinLA (08-06-2009)