View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 04:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Why not ask your attorney? They should know.....and you've paid them for their expertise.
It's funny you should say that because I did pay them for their expertise, but now that they got their first check, they tell me to call the SSA. Ugh! I could cry! I am more stressed now than before the money came! Then there is the question about how I owe my roomie for the half I was supposed to be paying for the mortgage/ housing, (past pay) yeh they want their money, but are afraid the SSA or whoever will turn them into the IRS and they will have to claim as income. Tech it is not income, it is what I tech borrowed from them to pay it, but instead they paid it for me. Sorry, I hope you get what I am trying to say here. See the $3800 (for housing) pay back, I can take out of the backpay for my son as my dependent, I was told bc it is for a roof over his head. It sucks that the SSD is your money but tech it is the gov'ts money. I mean they tell you there it is your money money that you earned, but ssi is not, so the ssd is whatever you want to spend it on. The girl said they don't ask you for rec'ts but you need to know what you spent the money on. Nice huh, at least it is for the kid, they never said it is that way for me.

Thanks so much!
xmelax36 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote