View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 10:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Congratulations, T! I think that sooner than later, you'll be doing great, just like that nurse I met in the hospital!

I agree with your doc. about not getting the shots, although I understand your worries with being in a heavilly populated place with the Swine flu in the midst...I heard that Cellcept can take about 4-months to really start to work, so hopefully by that time, your symptoms will have cleared up and you wont need the prednisone...One thing you've got on your side is physical activity (from what I've read in some of your previous posts). Other than the MG, you're probably pretty healthy, so that'll help with your defence against viruses...Also, try to eat lots of onions, garlic,--immune-boosting foods--yoghurt...all that good stuff, but not necessarilly together! lol ...I'd recommend a mask, that'd be a very good defence, but it'd probably be really awkward teaching with one! lol

Btw, from what i've read, and even from what my neuro. and surgeon have said, it's pretty common for remission to not happen very soon after surgery if you've had a tumor...My doc. said that it could take me 5-years to go into remission...Let's just hope that one-by-one, your symptoms subside until there are none left! But it does sound like you're one of the lucky ones who will be doing great very soon!

Good luck, girl!
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote