View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 12:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default arachnoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summertime View Post
WOW!!

I saw this and felt compelled to reply as well. My son was diagnosed with 2 arachnoid cysts in his brain, the doctors do not seem too worried about them but they are on my mind often.
After reading all the posts I wonder if the doctors really know much about these cysts.

Thanks for opening up and sharing your stories, it helps to know we are not alone.
Alot of the doctors either do not know about these cysts or they are old school-and believe they do not cause any problems and should be left alone. Sometimes they don't cause symptoms, therefore they just need to be followed to make sure there is no change. MRI is the test that should be done once a year to assure that the cyst has not grown. In my case mine has not changed, but my list of neuro symptoms is a mile long- yet the doctors still believe it is not causeing any problems???? I am having a hard time grasping this and am searching for a doctor who is familiar with these cysts. I wish you the best with your son, and as long as he is not having symptoms you shouldn't have to worry!! Take care---hutch
hutch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote