View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 08:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bragging

Some of us older onset PD'ers, myself included, write posts that sound like bragging: "I've had PD for 10 plus years or more, and I still feel really great".

The reason for that has got to be that PD does not hit you as hard when you're older. First of all we've had the luck to have years of normalcy before the PD monster struck us, second, we have time to be slow and stiff and achy, and third, very likely because of the two first reasons, fewer of us seem to suffer from depression, the daemon that makes PD much, much worse to bear.

So here is my boast post: I feel better in many ways than I did two years ago. I still don't have real offs, I feel good when I wake up in the morning, and can shower and dress before taking meds.

I AM stiff and slow, my left leg and left shoulder often hurt, sometimes I walk like a drunken elephant, off and on my feet forget how to walk, and when I'm really tired my smile looks false and insincere and my balance leaves me altogether.

But aside from that I am doing well. For the last 2 years my meds. have been 8 1/2 or 9 mg (varies) Requip, 1 1/2 pill 25/100 lev./carb. and 100 mg amantadine per day.
My supplements are Flax seed oil, fish oil, vit. C, vit. B-complex, calcium, magnesium and CURCUMIN.
Unless a placebo effect can last 2 1/2 years, the Curcumin is what helps the most.

Steve, I am convinced that weather has an enormous influence on the way we feel. High pressure makes us better, low pressure makes us worse, no doubt about it at all.

My med. and supplement cocktail helps me function. So - who knows - it might help someone else as well.

birte
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote