View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 08:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Ooo Update, and sleep study

The month of December has been really hard for me. Getting ready for Christmas, and in between, I had way too many medical appointments.
Just a couple of days before Christmas I had to have my narcolepsy study. It wasn't anything that I thought It would be. I thought, hey, it'll be like the regular sleep study, and all I'll have to do is show them how much i sleep during the day.......ummmmmm Wrong.....
I went in on one evening, for a regular sleep study, and I'm sure most here know how that works, so nothing new, except my levels are turned up a bit, but the next morning, I'm awaken at 5:30am, and kepts awake for two hours, and then allowed to lay down, and sleep....I have 30minutes to do so..whether I sleep or not, it doesn't matter, they will wake you up, and no , and I do mean..Noooo closing of eyes to sneak rest.
They keep me awake another two hours, time to lay down and sleep for 30 minutes. This is repeated all day.
I could barely keep my eyes open during the up period. At one point I asked the tech. if I had fallen asleep, she goes, you tell me....I'm like, well, I'm not sure, it seems like every time I close my eyes to sleep, you walk back through the door to wake me up. She told me that I did indeed fall asleep, and that I am going into a deeper sleep.
Ofcourse she wouldn't say more...which drives me crazy, so I won't find out if I'm a narcoleptic until this Thursday when I go in to see the Pulm. doctor.
She did say that she would advise that my Provigil be upped. I'm already on 300mg a day, I was under the impression that that was the most it could be proscribed. She said either that, or have them add something.
I'll let you know for sure, when I find out.
So, I'm sitting her in my new flannel jamas, with a sore throat, stuffy nose, and feeling miserable... what else is new?
How is everyone?
Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote