View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Welcome

Dear Cassie,

It saddens me to read of someone as young as yourself having to struggle against so much pain and so many limitations.

A car accident broke my body and my brain - but not (I hope) my spirit. Like you, I worry about the future: How will I pay my medical bills?; Will my marriage hold together?; Will I lose what little is left of my independence and become a burden to others?; How will I make it through this day of pain and all the other days of pain to follow?

I will not lie to you - there are moments when I feel absolute, black despair. Then I try to remember that people love me and to take pleasure in watching them flourish. For example, I'm sure your granddaughter is a real cutie and that the flower you planted together will be beautiful.

I also remind myself that medical knowledge advances quickly. Things that were science fiction only ten years ago are routine procedures today. When science is able to help me, I want to be here and ready for that.

I also hope that this forum will remind you that you are not alone. There are people here who know exactly what you're talking about: benefit from their experience, refresh yourself in their empathy.

Hang On
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (08-08-2009)