Old 08-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braingonebad View Post
Like I don't have enough hobbies...

I was thinking of trying this after I move. I really need to eat healthier. I know what not to eat. But it's hard to know what TO eat. How to make it? A life of what mom made, what I know how to make - which ain't much, lol. You just get in a rut. It's hard to see a different way.

I also want to get a juicer, since I'm going to have oragne and lime trees.
Why don't you start out like I did.

I went to the store and bought a bag of lentils (not organic but what the heck). I took some, washed them thoroughly, rinsed them and then soaked them overnight.

The next morning, I rinsed and drained again, and put them in a bowl. I just rinsed and drained them twice a day.

Well!!! you should see them sprout. In a few days they get little tails and then in 4 or 5 (and you can keep them in the fridge, covered in a bowl), and they will STILL KEEP SPROUTING.

I sprinkle them in Alan's salads, and when I want them I just take some Beano.

But they sure are pretty in a salad.

After I started doing that, I just graduated to the broccoli and the radish sprouts. Lord, my salads are the MOST COLORFUL things.

And so delicious.

Once I made the change, I knew I could never go back.

Someone on my sprout message boards made the following statement and it made a lot of sense.

IT'S NOT SO MUCH WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR BODY BUT WHAT YOU DON'T PUT IN YOUR BODY.

No preservatives, no artificial anything. Nothing from a package. (Hard I know). There are some people who only eat things that they grew in the ground, and milk that they got from their cows. NOTHING BOUGHT IN A STORE, NOTHING WITH HORMONES.

Wow, if I lived on a farm or in Pennsylvania, I can just imagine what I would have growing in my back yard.

I'd even get my own cow!!!

lol
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (08-09-2009)