View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 09:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hi Chemar, Mrs. D and Tessa-

Tessa- about 8 years ago or so, Dr. Cade, of the University of Florida did a study in which he tested people with schizophrenia , autism ts for rast values(IgG?) and also for IgAto casein and gluten. I just now pulled out the paperwork which have the u of florida mentioned at the top and cade and a Dr. Privette mentioned on the bottom. But I dont think they ever published this research because I never heard about it, nor could I find an abstract on Pubmed. however, if u google it u will find press articles re it. (strange)
However, the numbers on the sheet i received tell me that my son's values for casein antibodies, which are formed by the blood , according to notes i took at the time , were5676,and gluten- 1091which they said were significant. The IgA results are significant for only casein, but not for gluten. Do these figures or tests make sense to anyone? I heard about this research thru this website and although i dont live in florida, I arranged to have the blood taken here and sent there.Our pediatrician looked at these results and felt they were not at all significant.

Mrs. D- i still am confused re his increased ticcing due to sugar and what it can mean!
homer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote