View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 09:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi: I'm sorry to hear about all the problems on your flight.

It reminds me of what happened to me while I was flying with my niece to Florida. I was in the process of moving and my furniture, etc. was on its way in a moving truck and my niece and I were flying. I slept on the floor of my apartment the last day before the move. The only thing not on the truck was my telephone so she could call me when she was picking me up to drive to the airport. No problem, I just put my phone in my purse.

It was a holiday weekend and the flights were full. My niece got on a plane after a short while and said she would see me in Miami soon. There was no room for me at that time.

To make a long story short, I spent the next several hours going from one gate to another at a different end of the airport to try to get on a flight. I had to spend the night at the airport sitting on those hard chairs. The next day was a repeat of the first. I was wearing a business suit and pumps, and was also lugging a phone around in my purse.

I met a group of people who were also having the same problem getting to Miami. We traveled back and forth at the airport as a group and were about to pool our resources to rent a car to drive when we finally were able to board a flight. I had spent a total of 30 hours at the airport!

My niece was waiting for me when I arrived at Miami. (I still had my landline phone in my purse.)

A shower and clean clothes never felt so wonderful.
Regards, Lil
Diamond Lil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote