View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 10:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I thank you so much for the link. I have read it and it is certainly a possibility. I am most interested in the phrase you used; :

"a deletion rather than a duplication on the same chromosome as CMT1A"

This will be a question I can ask my neurologist when I meet with her. We have only had a quick conversation by phone. I can see that I have much to learn, and the information you have provided me will definately help me to prepare for that meeting.

As to your questions, the toes on my left foot are always numb. That never changes, but on a good day I have energy and can walk with a normal stride without all the other symptoms I listed earlier.

Both sets of grandparents were in Italy, in small villages, and all are deceased. I know that my maternal grandmother had problems with her legs; but my information is that they were mainly caused by varicose veins. She walked with a cane beginning in her sixties, and had problems walking; but, no one can verify that it was for any other reason than circulatory problems and/or age.

I am most anxious to get a proper diagnosis so that I can deal with whatever it is head on. While we have to depend on doctors to a great degree, I am a firm believer in taking as much control as possible over my health and welfare. That is why I was so excited to find this site. There is nothing more valuable than learning from those who have had the same or similar experiences.

Once again, I thank you for sharing this new link with me. I'll be posting the outcome of my appointment, hopefully with answers rather than more questions!

Take care, and hope you feel fine!

Di
Diana Dilley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote