View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 10:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Murphy's law at its finest....

Dew, I don't think you could have done anything more. You prepared the best you could. The flight attendents did the best they could. It seems everyone on the flight(s) were in just as much as a predicament as you. A series of unfortunate events. I've had several flights from heck so to speak.

My only suggestion is to never fly through DFW again. Some of my worst flights happend with layovers in DFW. The airport is just poorly laid out and the weather can be very un predictable (between the Texas heat/humidity and probably for storms..... ). I once flying to south Texas to meet up with my husband and family for Thanksgiving and one of my lay overs was in DFW-- my dh wondered if i was ever going to make it to see him, lol. I, personally, avoid DFW airport if at all possible.

Then there was the flight from Virginia to Japan, with a layover in Seattle, that got "re routed" at the last minute , through New York and South Korea due to weather, plane malfunctions and a multitude of other problems. A trip that was supposed to take 13 hrs at the most ended up being around 28 hours, the over half of which spent in various airports. I was so never so excited when we (the 2 americans who's final destination was Tokyo) finally arrived in South Korea-- I couldn't speak the language and didn't have any luggage (my luggage ended up somewhere in the US, lol) and was super hungry, BUT, I was only 2 hrs from Tokyo (my final destination) and it was smoothe skies with wonderful flight attendents who fed us lunch despite it all. My RSD was raging, but .

I swore I would never fly for a long time, but 10 months later I was back in the "friendly skies" .

Glad your safely home !

L2L
love2laugh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (08-09-2009)