View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 12:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Boy Dew, it seems like you prepared for everything possible. Some things we just can't forsee. The only thing that might of helped, but may not have been possible, it to have a traveling companion. Flying by ourselves without someone to take over or handle problems that come up is really difficult. That may have not been possible, but sure would have given you someone to lean on in the flesh.
I'm so sorry you went thru that awful ordeal.
My husband and I had to wait 12 hours till midnight for a generator to be replaced. One trip I made by myself to be with my Mom for her first cancer surgery, I missed the connection in San Fran. and had to be put up in hotel. Missed another connection in Portland, Ice Storm and stayed in motel. They don't pay for our room now. The flight from Portland to Eugene, was a wild one. Very storm, bouncing around, and heard the recorder in the cockpit say pull up pull up siron going off, airplane pitching around. thought that was it. made a wild landing. It's a wonder I still fly.
I can't think of anything you could have done differently. Glad you are home, How is your flare? Is your body calming down? Hope so. Thinking of you always, Your friend, loretta soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (08-09-2009)