View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 05:47 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default process of moving

Hi,
I think I like the weekend -- no calls, no appts, no places or things to take care of.

Hubby has been moving some of his things over to the new place every morning and setting up some new bookshelves. He is still working summer school.

I spent two afternoons recently with my work friend who is on a chemo drip in the hospital. He is doing a whole week in-patient.

Fri I saw tdoc. She was good.

On Sat hubby and I started trying to organize and clean a bit ---
=-=-
- cleaned out the portable microwave that we are bringing with us because the kitchen is not built yet,
- are currently defrosting the mini-fridge, . ..
- I took out some garbage bags of garbage to the dumpster . .
-hubby is doing lots of laundry loads. I'm not sure what he is up to -- does not seem like a priority to me but I stay out of his way when he has a project going

--- but Sat was really my first day that I got serious with this stuff.

Sunday morning he wants to clean a little more for me at the new place while I am sleeping.

We are paying a company to pack us up here. But we have to organize as much as we can first before they get here.

We really have a lot of stuff to do in the new place before Monday /August 17 when we start back to work.

(Whine:
I bought some new shirts and then shrunk them in the hot water in the washer. I am soooo disappointed. )

It's past bed time -- but hubby kind of wakes up from a long nap in the middle of the night and then gets a burst of energy and then goes back to bed. It takes him about 1 minute to go back to sleep when he wants to.
I tried to tell him that this is my night time and that I need to unwind.

I hope to be in bed by 7:00 am

M.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (08-09-2009), bizi (08-09-2009), Dmom3005 (08-09-2009), waves (08-09-2009)