View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 07:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi Pearl,
I just wanted to say, I have a friend who the same kind of animia... sorry can never remember that P word

Anyway, she gets vitamin shots ever two weeks. Has been getting them since she was dx 20 years ago. I don't know if you are getting shots or not but you may want to talk to your dr about that. Just a suggestion.

And Jane: Hi there! I wanted to let you know that I totally sympathize with having an idiot for a dr. Oddly the dr who dx me with the b12 def was the same dr who wasn't treating the condition properly. She calls me, tells me that low b12 is very serious and can cause brain damage. But then when I go back the 3rd time asking her for b12 shots because I am still feeling terrible, she says... "1000 mcg should be enough" and then she says "the only symptom you have from b12 is your fatiqu, you shaking is sounds mental to me and you should see a therapist"

And she was talking to me like I was a hypocondriac. This was after only 3 visits. I walked out of her office, and a few weeks later I found a new dr. I got very lucky that time and found a dr who was well educated on this condition. Was practically quoting things that I read on this website! lol

find a new dr... fighting with your current dr isn't worth it, It will only cause more stress and right now your body doesn't need anymore stress.
magenta272 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote