View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 11:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The big news in the Front Range of Colorado the last two weeks is snow. First, we had a blizzard a few days before Christmas. We got somewhere between 26" and 30" at my house, depending on who you talk to. I had to shovel most of the snow from our driveway, which took me 6 1/2 hours. I was exhausted afterwards. Then it warms up, and half the snow melts, which is typical for around here. This past Thursday, we got ANOTHER snow storm, this time "only" 14", but we always get more here in south Boulder, so we, technically, probably got more. All this has meant fantastic skiing. I cross county ski, and have been doing so the past three days.

Today, we went for a 3 mile ski at 8000 ft, which just about killed me. It probably didn't help that we went out last night for New Year's Eve. We didn't stay up too late or drink too much, but I'm a lightweight when it comes to drinking. It was a crazy scene at the restaurant we went to, that was PACKED with NYE partiers listening to a hot Brazilian band. We finally escaped at 12:30am, and passed a long line of inebriated people waiting for cabs on the Pearl Street Mall in Boulder.

My New Year's resolution is to get pregnant. I figure this is the last year I have to do it since I'm 40.

Happy New Year everyone! Claire