View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 02:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac View Post
I also started losing the use of my left leg. My doctor's first MRI was also for MS, which was negative. Then I had MRI's on my back and spine- negative. I then went to a local neurologist and had an EMG, still nothing. After quite a few visits and almost 2 years after the onset I was referred to a neurologist who specializes in dystonia. That's what it is.
I get botox injections to relieve some of the muscle movement. It doesn't go away completely but helps somewhat. However this has affected every area of my life. I also developed drop foot and wear a brace.
The issue is that not too many doctor's even know what dystonia is so they can't diagnoze it. I was really lucky to get this doctor, he's great!
Hello--hope you don't mind but I have a few questions. I was also diagnosed with cervical dystonia and vocal cord dysphonia. I had my first Botox treatment in April and my second about 4 weeks ago. My first treatment took 3 1/2 weeks before it kicked in and started to wear off quickly. This time it didn't take much away?? Do you think that it won't work for me?? How long ago did you start your Botox? Did it work the first time? Any info will be greatly appreciated---hutch
hutch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote