View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 02:39 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

You need more sun i guess Jaye, because you are one of the healthiest eaters I know. you have excellent nutrition.

thanks,
paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye View Post
I asked for the test at the suggestion of someone I know at the research center I was at last week (as reported earlier in http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread95701.html). I had seen some news articles about a correlation between PD and Vitamin D deficiency, and, searching this forum, discovered that people have been posting about it for at least a couple of years.

So, when I went to see my internist this week, I asked to have it checked. She thought we had checked it before, but it's not in my electronic record anywhere.

Today's mail brought a lab slip, a prescription, and a letter from my doctor saying that I'm deficient in Vitamin D, with instructions how to take the prescription and, after that, supplements. Low range is 32 ng/mL, high range 100 ng/mL for this particular test result. Mine is at 27.

I'm hoping this will clear up at least a little of my tiredness, as well as saving my bones from turning to cobwebs.

Fellow forumicans, please consider having yours checked, too.

Jaye

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote