View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 05:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dolfinz,
Thank you for the nice reply. I thought of something else. If you go to RSDSA, you'll see Support I think toward the left of the page. Push Support and that will bring a page that has a spot where you put in your zip code. That will give you the closest places that have support groups. You will receive the name and phone number of a contact person. Going to a local meeting can be very encouraging and informative, plus you can ask who in the area is specializing in RSD and get some Drs. names. The support groups have Drs. pharmacists, therapists and others give speeches. This year, we had the RSDSA annual meeting at one of our local hospitals. We had 135 of us in attendance on Saturday, and Sunday was for local physicians, therapists, etc. They video taped it to make available a DVD. It only cost $10 to be a member. We had a scientist and I think 4 RSD Drs. It was very informative and also had a question and answer session.
Just a side note, I found my wonderful RSD Dr. in the yellow pages. I have had several Drs, but he is the BEST. My neurologist diagnosed me with generalized or full body RSD and suggested i see a phychiatrist to help me deal with all the spread. I didn't like his two suggestions, so looked in the yellow pages. I knew the first visit, this was the one.That was 5 years ago. Hope you find someone knowledgeable and compassionate too. Take care, your friend, loretta I live in Arizona am 61 had RSD 14 years-following surgery, then remission, then nerve pull in hand while waterskiing. Let us know when you get settled and find your Dr. Hope the best for you, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (08-11-2009), Dolfinz (08-10-2009)