View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 07:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Tbarney!

Hey sweetie!

Is there ANY way you can get a break for a while? Just for a while? It sounds like you work for a GREAT school system, and you may need to just rest and relax - something that is really HARD to do when you have children @ home, so maybe a month or so @ home.........

The cooling vests are really awesome! You may want to bring in lots of fans - as I am typing this, I've got 6(!) on me and my ac set @ 59 - I know that sounds crazy, but once I get hot, my whole face swells to twice it's normal size and I can barely walk.....
You'd think that 60 mgs of pred, as well as 480 of mest would help a LITTLE more......

Take care honey!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbarney View Post
I had my thymectomy. OUCH!!!! I don't want to do that again.

I also had a neuro checkup today to see how the CellCept is going. Only one month into it though, so probably too soon to tell. He keeps thinking I should be in remission due to the surgery. Now he is wondering if there was some thymus tissue left in there.

Right now my droopy eye is mostly open. The main problem I am having is no strength in my quadriceps. School starts on the 24th. I teach in two buildings and one of them is not air conditioned, so I am sure I will start going downhill. We have had a VERY COOL summer, but supposed to hit the 90's tomorrow. My classroom is on the 2nd floor also.

We'll check back in one month. I will have my blood tested on Tue. He wants to hold off starting the prednisone if possible. He is waiting for me to make the call of a more serious plan of attack of the MG.

I asked about the shingles and H1N1 shots. He said no because my immune system is so goofed up and unstable now that those should not be thrown in the mix.

I've heard on the news that school starting back up this week are having problems with H1N1 spreading.