View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 12:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Christmas as "usual" but not quite

Christmas was somewhat yucky in a manner somewhat similar to yours. But over the years I've learned to be grateful just to see my son, his wife, and his two little boys. I have learned to expect nothing (some Christmases were absolutely nothing) and then anything that comes along is a delightful surprise. I am so grateful that my kids are absolutely healthy so far. But of course they have a heap of living to do to learn what's what in some areas.

Well, I can't take any of those prednisone things. I can only take demerol for pain. I am concerned because I've taken it more than I was lately. So I'm working on a new thing--finding out about thrombocythemia. I have an above average amount of platelets. This can cause the pain in my feet, even though I am not yet at the stage where the thrombocythemia is official. I got in touch with an on-line group who address myoproliferative diseases. Three of them are in my immediate area. I am going to try what one of them suggested, take one-fourth of a regular aspirin (not baby aspirin) a day, chew it, then rinse the mouth and wash the teeth. I am hoping this may help my foot pain, which does aggravate me when I have to be on my feet, for the first time in my life, really, during the last months. It may be I have not been able to take aspirin because of taking the prohibited baby aspirin (wrong coatings, probably) and not chewing it. Worth a try.

Mariel
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote