View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Tami I agree with everything Alffe said. I so admire you for wanting to shield your DH from the financial troubles. Especially if his memory is not good. But.....you cannot shoulder everything alone.

I'm so glad you posted what you did. I think more people can relate to your situation than you realize. I know it feels like you're the only one going through all this when it's happening but just know that there are millions of others in the same boat. I know that doesn't help you but I just hope you know you're not alone.

I wish there was something I could do to help. I've been checking my bank account every day to see if my SSDI has been deposited so I can go to the grocery store. I've gotten very creative with the things I have in my freezer and pantry!

Anyway, just wanted to give you a hug and let you know that you're never alone. You can always come here and spill your feelings and never worry that we won't understand. Or think bad of you for any reason. We're all just trying to make it one day at a time.

I've got you and your family in my prayers. I do alot of praying. I know it works. I've seen it happen. Take care of yourself and don't try to be everything to everyone. You deserve care, too.

Next time someone says "just let me know if there is anything I can do" let them know what you need help with. Shopping, sitting with DH or Mom while you do some errands, helping to prepare a meal, laundry. If they're truly sincere they'll jump right in to help. If I lived closer I'd be right over! Honestly.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (08-12-2009), Alffe (08-10-2009), barbo (08-10-2009), CoolAngel26 (08-10-2009), Nik-key (08-16-2009), tamiloo (08-10-2009), who moi (08-11-2009), ~scrabble (08-12-2009)