View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 03:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadiee-x View Post
Hiya,
Although im not sure of my vision scores, i am aware that since i were diagnosed papilledema prior to surgery back in september, my vision has gradually gone down the drain.
The day i was told i had it, my vision was better than perfect, in both eyes, i was given icp monitoring just to measure the amount of pressure, although it was giving me no cause for concern at the time, during the icp monitoring, i had a shunt malfunction, after surgery my papilledema had gone, but my right eye was slightly double vision at a certain distance, the other remained perfect.

Since september, ive had a number of shunt problems and had 10 shunt related operations. Involving a conversion from VP to VA, shunt removal with craniotomy and fenestration and after that failed 3 weeks later, i then had my VA shunt put back in.

2 days ago I went to see the opthamologist for a visual fields test, turns out my perfect eye now has vision loss along with the other, and after looking behind eyes its evident that there is bruising but they are unable to tell whether this is due to present pressure building once again or whether its old bruising from a few weeks back prior surgery.
Thanks for the input. I'm sorry to hear that you are having so many problems. In a weird way it's comforting to know we are not alone in this.

It tells me that I she should probably see an opthamologist for more tests. I appreciate you taking the time to help and I hope that your symptoms subside and give you some piece of mind SOON!
lezliej is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote