View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 07:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you tkrik. Most everything in the report I knew. But the Babinski sign is something I did not know.

As silly as this sounds I have gone back and forth questioning my DX or the past 18 months.

Seeing I have bilateral Babinski just wraps it up for me. I am sure it is silly but it was just a mind game I was playing with myself.

Thank you for your response and help. Knowing that symptoms vary from one visit to the next helps a lot.

Because I tend to question myself a lot I would have been very confused if I have Babinski one appointment and not the next.

I can settle in for the long haul now and stop questioning.

LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
I have experienced many of the symptoms/signs that you have mentioned. However, it varies from visit to visit. There are some symptoms/signs that are the same every time I go while others vary in severity. I always have Romberg's sign. Strength varies from 2/5 to 5/5. Reflexes vary as well. Sometimes I don't have any reflexes and other times they are hyperreflexic (usually when I am in a flare).

I have RRMS also. I think what the dr is saying is that you have RRMS and not SPMS or PPMS and the dx of RRMS remains the same.

As for the Babinski sign some times I have it and some times I don't and some times my toes don't even move at all.

"Plantars were extensor bilaterally. (Babinski's sign?? is that what he is saying I have?)" This is saying that you do have a positive Babinski sign in both feet.

An excellent online resource for terminology as well as many other MS related issues is http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/wholeglossary.html#S. The terms are put in layman's words. While you may be able to look many terms up, it still may not give you the answer that you need.

There are many health professionals that don't like to give results without discussing them and reviewing them with you 1st. It is understandable. I have seen many patients freak over findings that are actually "normal" because they don't understand the terminology and such. Just a suggestion, make notes/questions that you want to know about and bring it up at your next visit or give the dr a call. He/she will be better able to explain all the findings and how they relate to you and your MS.

In the meantime, know that you are doing just fine and that with RRMS this appointment note is only a snapshot in time. You can go in today and end up with a completely different report. Hang in there.
Started Avonex February 22 2008 (still progressing)
July 2009 started Betaseron.....

"Don't argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference."
slskckjebw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (08-11-2009)