View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 12:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank You Everyone

Thank you for all your words of wisdom and comfort. I've never taken anything for anxiety or anti-depressants. I would almost be afraid to try because of the extreme reactions I have to meds. For example, I can't take any kind of pain meds no matter how badly I might need them. I even had my four children without taking anything at all. Once I took 1/8 of some type of anxiety medicine and it made me so sick and feeling completely doped up for 2 days. I know that sounds crazy but it's really that extreme.

I don't know why I've never thought of traveling making things worse. It's only since my MG got so much worse in April that I've found everything effects me so much more. I used to have trouble keeping going, but I at least could force myself to keep going. Now, I can't do that anymore. It is true that I'm finding that every choice I make has some effect on my ability to to stay stable and at least partly functional.

I'm beginning to get it through my stubborn head that I have to really go through each day with the "I have a dollar to spend for the entire day - how can I make it last all day" principal. It's hard to train yourself to live that way, knowing that every choice you make, every action you take, is part of that small dollar bill.

Well, the good news is that I am getting it. The bad news is that we have another trip planned Aug 19th for a week to see our son in San Diego, completely across the country from me. Then, it's back home to our daughter's wedding on Sept 12th. I think I'm in trouble here! Now I understand why my daughter (who is a nurse) was upset with me for scheduling a trip before the wedding. Sometimes I wonder how I can be so slow to learn. I mean, I should know these things. In my mind, I was thinking that this trip would give me a break before the wedding.

I hope you all have a good rest of the week.

Take care,

Sharman
SharS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote