View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 08:09 AM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

hi dotti,

I hope in this foggy state of mind of mine that I can make some sense.

1st of all, I believe in tough love, just like you. I, myself, hope that she serves sometime. But in a system where they simply serve time and find more ways to smuggle drugs and find just a way to live. I hope that the system will be able to "EDUCATE" her some how to make her a better person instead of just putting her in jail, letting her smoke, and then just let her out when the her time is up.

We need to fix that part of the system but that's another vent/gripe for another day.

you have been nothing but proactive in the way you've taken your grand daughter in. And you've given her nothing but love and nourishment that she so so deserves.

I never could understand it FULLY before, but I now TOTALLY believe that NO CHILD out there should go through any of these sufferings simply because of their neglectful parents simply because they want to have a baby "just because" without thinking of the consequences.

And how we admire you, for taking that baby in. It's a full time job and it IS hard...

I hope your son is seeing that now, what you've sacrificed for him and that he can/should see that if there is anyone that he should emulate, that it should be you, dottie...that you be the one that he will shape himself after (although he should know that from the day he came out of you.)

I know it's got to cut like a million knives in you, with him being your son, and your granddaughter being away from her parents...

but you are doing exactly what life is meant to be. You are DOING IT.

through all the hardship and heartaches...you are not making excuses and sitting down and saying: "Dammit, why me"

instead, you are getting yourself up, picking up the pieces and gritting your teeth and biting your lips and sucking it up and doing what's right....

on a personal note, I believe there are always positives to come out of negatives. I am not sure what it is in this case, as I think it'll reveal itself eventually.

But you keep hanging on and utilitze your friends and us here...vent as you need. We're here for you...

and thank you, for being a wonderful grandmother who really "GETS" it

much love,

moi and moss

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (08-11-2009), CoolAngel26 (08-17-2009), Dew58 (08-17-2009), GmaSue (08-18-2009), jaded2nite (08-11-2009), Twinkletoes (08-11-2009), ~scrabble (08-12-2009)