View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Before we go rushing to the doctor (sure, I can call him, that parts easy), the hard part is telling Alan he can't go to the gym, let me tell you that I just measured the ankle tht was swollen last night. It went down a whole inch. It is now 10 and a half inches when last night it was over 11 inches.

Also the top of his foot is less swollen. Maybe that's because he was laying down all night sleeping with his feet up on the bed.

Also, and I could kick myself in the head for not putting this in my original post, but Alan (since he had the stent) was put on a rather low-salt diet. In our house it was salt free. Nothing with sodium.

Well, in the past week, this guy likes pancake syrup on every single thing he eats. One serving has 110 mgs of sodium. Alan has it on his chicken, his vegetables, (especially his carrots), I cook with the stuff, then I pour it on after the stuff is cooked. So absolutely everything he has eaten for the past week is covered in pancake syrum that has 110 mgs a serving. So you know, he's getting a lot more than the 100 mgs right? AND HE NEVER DRINKS WATER. He's supposed to be drinking water, isn't he? I just told him and he says" "I feel fine and I'm going to the gym, it will help circulate my blood".

Also, in my blueberry muffins, (he eats 2 small ones). He splits them and pours the pancake syrup on them.

And two days ago I made meatballs and of course I added pecorino romano cheese to the meatball mixture.

Do you think that this sodium intake could have made the foot swell up. It does appear to be going down and he is seeing Dr. Baird on Thursday.

I really think this is edema due to the sodium (which his body was not used to).

I looked up swollen foot on the internet and it didn't say anyting about blood clots. It said that certain meds can cause it also. Besides sodium. Various treatments say "stick the foot in a bucket of ice water for 5 minutes, massage the foot, massaging upward", drink water!!!!!!!

what do you think?
mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 01-02-2007 at 09:02 AM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote