View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 11:13 AM
mhr4

mhr4

Can't agree more with you Mark. Actually Dr. Amen, of the Amen Clinics, was one of the first psychiatrists to come out and say that a lot of the psychological problems Americans deal with are the result of a physical abnormality to the brain.

I used to work with MD's when I was a researcher and I learned that you really can't fault them for how they think. They are just a product of the American Medical School System. The medical schools grind into their brains this sort of rigid and methodical way of thinking, and never, ever go against the establishment. None of them are taught to think critically or "outside of the box," and a lot of them aren't exactly "smart", they just have extremely good memories and they have gotten by on that. Most that do think critically and abstractly do this because they took it upon themselves to do so, or they had really good undergrad majors like engineering for physics. But, that is just my opinion from my limited experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Hockey,

I agree. maybe those who think they have PTSD from their brain injury are mistaking the brain injury for the trauma caused by the physicians and others telling them that all of their troubles are 'in their head.'

Well duh....

The pros just think it is in the emotional thinking and not the physiological processes and anatomy. They are the ones who should have their heads examined. We PCS/MTBI have a good idea of what is happening in our heads. We just want someone to recognize the reality of our symptoms and offer some valid explanations and help.

No matter how firmly the pros try to tell us that we are nuts, they are still the ones with a screw loose.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote