View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 02:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much for your input. I called his therapist and told her we wanted to go ahead with the evaluation. She said the first step was we would get take home packets for me, my husband and his teacher. We would need to see a psychiatrist before getting any medication, but I think this initial evaluation is to see if we need to move in that direction. I really, really like his therapist as she has helped us immensely problem solve for behavioral issues.

I can get into Philadelphia pretty easily and there are a few doctors on the list, Mari, one who even seems to take our insurance (was listed on the website). However, are these doctors on the list pediatric doctors? I can get into Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and from their website, it looks like they deal with pediatric bipolar disorder. I am thinking I should try that route first.

The other thing is, he has some food allergies - I really limit his dye and dairy exposure because the dyes make him crazy and the dairy worsens his allergy/asthma symptoms. I am gluten and dairy intolerant. I have two sisters with MS, and one of them is also intolerant to gluten.