View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 02:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question A Definition Question- re meaning of "Full Body RSD" and "Internal RSD" ??

Hey Guys

I'm wondering if someone could clarify something for me. I'm wondering about the terms "full body RSD" and "internal RSD".

For full body, does that mean it affects all 4 of your limbs- both arms AND both legs? Or does it mean that it's not sympathetically maintained and affects your whole system?

Or when people say they have it internally, is THAT when it has gone past being sympathetically maintained, or does it refer to their RSD affecting various organs/internal systems? Or both?!

My RSD affects my right arm and right leg, but my left limbs are ok so far, knock on wood! But my RSD has progressed to central neuralisation (sorry, I can't spell that today!) and is no longer sympathetically maintained. It affects my other nervous systems as well. PLUS it's affecting my heart, immune system, and other internal organs.

So do I have it full body because my whole internal body is affected? Or do I NOT have it full body because not all my limbs are affected?

I'm confused and the way I'm asking is probably making all of you confused, too!

So if any of you can shed some light onto this and make it all a bit clearer for me, I'd appreciate it

x Kate
Dew58 (08-14-2009), loretta (08-14-2009)